Did I say a whole week ago that I was looking forward to getting back to some sort of normality? Who was I kidding? Not sure life is ever really normal round here but even by my standards it's been pretty rubbish.
Actually that is not entirely true as I had a lovely inspiring day out on Wednesday at a fabulous exhibition followed by a browse around Borough Market and a leisurely a stroll along the south Bank, a perfect day spent with a good friend... I'll save the details for another post. And last night I had a lovely evening with my eldest son as we cooked supper together, drank wine and later watched a DVD.... however...
The rest of the week has been somwhat overshadowed by a nasty experience to do with work. It would be unprofessional of me to go into details but I have been accused of things that are not true by someone who has not even spoken to me never mind met me, been threatened with possible legal proceedings and ultimately been left feeling like I never want to teach again. I don't think I've heard the last of it either but I'm resisting the urge to send hate mail and I'm trying to stay calm...
So I went into the next round of the Cambridge Bake Off yesterday looking forward to a couple of hours of escapism, confident that my Best Ever Chocolate Cake would win over the judges. But alas, it was not to be. The very same cake that scored 9 out of 10 last year on taste with the comment "Fantastic, deep adult taste" managed a pathetic 4 out of 10 this year with the comment "Flavours don't meld, lingering savoury aftertaste". Savoury? What was that all about?
I've renamed it my Crap Chocolate cake but fortunately my tasters and judges at home don't agree. They've voted it the best ever and this is all that is left!
So to cheer myself up, I've spent the afternoon doing some dress making. All afternoon I've been happily stitching away to find that I've put the lining of my dress in all wrong... I've hours of unpicking ahead... what joy! I might just bin it! I'm not going to tempt fate by hoping this week is better but I do have some good news for you my readers...
This week has seen blossom appearing on the trees, daffodils swaying in the breeze and birdsong everywhere, (crikey, that was a bit poetic) so what better time to announce that I have two tickets for the Country Living Spring Fair to give away to one lucky reader. Leave me a comment letting me know if you'd like a chance to win and I'll pick out a winner at the end of this week
The Country Living Fair takes place from 19th - 23rd March at the Business Design Centre in Islington. It features carefully selected exhibitors selling jewellery, fashions and items for interiors and gardens. There are talks and workshops as well as plenty of new ideas for your home and garden this Spring. You can read more details on the website:
And if you aren't lucky enough to win the tickets you can get an additional discount if you book in advance on the website and enter the code Blog11... adult tickets for £12 instead of the usual £13 or £16.50 on the door.
Go on... leave me a comment... cheer me up!




0 Comments