The following is the first installment of HAUNTING STURGEONS. It is a sequel to my blog serial from 2013.
(Click here to catch up or refresh your memory of DARKENING STURGEONS)
All I can reveal is this new story is set 10 years later. Now, without further ado, let the HAUNTING begin...
______________
What do I remember about the day my hometown was destroyed?
I remember chaos and panic.
I remember the traffic jam of fleeing humanity.
I remember my grieving mother attempting to surround our car in a bubble of calm.
I remember my grieving father bursting that bubble in a fit of rage at the sight of the lawman striding through the vehicular madness.
I remember watching my father leave the car to gather a group of men and all of them following the lawman.
I remember my mother softly telling me to lie down in the backseat and not to worry before leaving me alone in the locked car.
I remember the growing fear, the escalating noise and knowing for a fact not everyone would get out alive.
I remember silently making a promise to return to Sturgeons one day, for myself...
...for Tommy.
______________
The HAUNTING continues in...
![]() |
| click to read |
Thank you for reading or listening to my half-blind words!
Freak Out,
JLH
~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Month!
New 👁!
New Interview!



0 Comments