There was no wifi in the villa hence no blogging and the only contact with the outside world has been via my daughter's iPhone.
I have a mass of photos to go through and I am looking forward to picking out my favourites to post here. In the meantime let me share a little of the jungle we have come home to!
Lovely hot Scottish sunshine and a certain amount of rain and watering on the part of friends has resulted in a veritable explosion of growth in the garden. I have just spent nearly an hour picking sweet peas, purple French beans, peas and staggered in under the weight of a number of courgettes who have grown up to become marrows. Remind me not to go away in July again!
It's the local airshow this weekend. It takes place a couple of fields away at the site of the Flight Museum. It started at 10 am this morning and I was about to comment on the fact that we had heard not a peep nor seen any air activity when, out of nowhere, our world was torn asunder by the loudest noise I have ever heard. Not so high in the skies above the house a huge jet, a Typhoon combat aircraft, has been doing an acrobatic routine. Absolutely terrifying. My daughter's Labrador has taken herself off to the dark and refuge of our walk-in wardrobe. Even Mr Gaucho, who is profoundly deaf, appeared to find out what the commotion was. Holy moly, that was not a peaceful start to the weekend! And there will be more I have no doubt.I will be back in due course with photos of sunny Spain. In the meantime thank you for visiting therunningwave while I have been away. I will try and make up for the lack of content very soon!



0 Comments