Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Is Monty Don the right choice?

I've just been reading the barrage of comments on various websites related to the return of Monty Don to Gardener's world in the spring. Comments seem to be 50:50 wanting him back, and outrage that Toby Buckland is being dropped.

I'm not a fan of Monty Don's style of presenting, but can see the value of having him return. It is a shame he and Toby couldn't have fronted the show together, as with Toby we have real credibility based on vast experience, and with Monty a presenter who can deliver the "twiddly bits" as I like to call them.

What I do love though is that any change to Gardener's World offers up real debate and chattering from the back borders. And that can only be a good thing. Roll on the spring and the return of GW!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments