I was so sad Colin Powell died. He was a hero of mine. His situation shows why we should be so careful of infecting people. He was vaccinated, but had multiple myeloma. So, the vaccine was not very effective for him. I mourn.
If I don't visit or leave a comment, consider I am exhausted and have been busy. Today, Tommy had an appointment to get new tires at 11 am. We got there at 11 am and asked how long it would take. I rode with him. Then, my gastrointestinal tract betrayed me and I had to go home and change clothing. So, he took me home; I jumped out; he went directly back. We are less than a mile from the shop.
Once I cleaned up and changed clothes, tried to recover and went back in my car. Tommy got into my car because I needed something to eat. So, did he.
We went back about 1 pm and the car was not done because she said, "he had to leave." Yet, it was on the rack with only one tire, and old one on the vehicle. She was very accusatory which I did not like. Okay, at 3:15, the woman called back as it was done.
I drove him back, so he could get it. It was over $800. However, there was a b3g1, and he had a coupon for free installation. So, with alignment, he paid ~ $790. I asked and he has absolutely no idea what the savings were. And, and this card will give him cash back. So, now we are driving on good tires.
Today, I wanted to go and buy a recliner with the lift mechanism. I really need it. But, I spent all day at the ready and spent the time getting tires! I saved one of my stimulus for this purpose. Tomorrow, we must do something else.
The Dollar Tree was on my list of places to go. I managed to get in and shop. There was no shelf stable milk, what I was looking for to buy. It is $1, so I try to keep it. Just before it expires, Tommy drinks it. Then, I get more. No, that was not in the cards today. So, I still need to do that.
My new wool blanket is wonderful. I put it on my bed last night, right on top of a quilt, a comforter and a fuzzy blanket. It was warm when I got into bed, but I lay still, cooled off and slept well all night. The comforter was the only thing pulled up to my shoulders. The comforter and fuzzy blanket were only over my feet, how I have used them all summer. Now, I want to find another one on eBay.
Right now, I am going to try to get a gigantic hen in a baking bag. This meat will be taken off the bone by Tommy. Chicken and dumplings is on the menu some day.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand recliner? I hate the wide arms that recliners usually have, but I want the seat to be wide. I also hate that big bumpy part for the head. It pushed my head forward and crushes my hair, and wraps around my face!
0 Comments