...don't you love the unexpected? I had an idea to buy some odd 'cheap' frames from the old thrift store for some of my art. I thought I was putting SO much work into some of my characters, that it would be nice to frame my favorites.
All of these are empty except for the one on top. I cleaned them all and put them in a small box and if I don't use them, I can always donate them back!
I never go on Saturday because I think it will be too busy but that's what I did anyway. And I walked in and went straight to the frames and found exactly what I wanted and went to the checkout with my 'haul'. (25 cents each for frames)
Oh and they had jewelry at the checkout and I picked out these pins for 25 cents each.
And the cards were where I was standing in line and I got this bag of handmade cards...yes, 25 cents!
(an example of those in the bag)
But when I was driving home, I passed a 'Craft Sale' sign. I mean I really drove past it. But guess what? My car turned down a side street, turned around and headed back in the other direction!!!
Cherrywood Estates has the VERY best craft sales EVER!
And the ladies there all recognize me too. I got hugs from several of them. There were even some of the Hospice Volunteers there shopping...more hugs!
So what did I buy?
I bought a basket from the basket lady and got a hug.
And I splurged on these beautiful handmade Queen size pillowcases!
I hope my sweet cousin Cindy doesn't see this post. She has told me how to make them and will surely remember that I have some pretty fabric I could use.
But these were PERFECT! Don't you think? (I have blue sheets on my bed!)
I feel very blessed to get to shop for things I enjoy and love finding the unexpected!
Have you had something good happen to you this week too?
I’m joining Thankful Thursdays .
0 Comments