Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cookie Cutter Critters~







How sweet are these cookie cutters?
A gift from my nana friend♥we knew each other when we only had girls..and now we have boys:)
Years and years..we have been virtual and more friends:)

Crate and Barrel.
Can't believe I was in that mall w/ a Crate and Barrel..and breezed in and out thinking we would return..and didn't.
Must have been the valet parking that did it:)
Knowing time is advancing so quickly into this December 2014...I did some baking Saturday and Sunday..
Tried a new chocolate shortbread cookie recipe..to put my new cutters to good use.
I must admit working wih chocolate cookie dough is not my fave..Dark..and messy..
I looked at the recipe I had pinned..and changed it..first of all I made half..
Subbed all flour for some rice flour..added a bit more sugar..
and a bit less vamilla..
They held their shape quite well..in fact spot on..
But I love regular shortbread better.
I used Wilton Fondant for the white parts..and my black gourmet food writer for the noses and eyes..
Except for Mr Owl..I used my pre made eyes:)

La Recette~

3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 stick butter softened
1/2 tsp vanila bean paste
pinch of salt

With stand mixer blend butter and sugar until creamy..add vanilla.. salt..and blend in flours and cocoa powder.The mix may still be granular..knead with hands..
Roll out and cut into desired shapes..
Bake 300  ap 20-25 minutes.. do check..as I did mine convection 260 ..and just kept checking..
It made the cookies you see..plus 2 big moose..and a tiny house.


I think these would be so sweet as a gift..or even just one of the critters added to a mélange of festive treats.
This is called PLAYING in the kitchen..:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Post a Comment

0 Comments