Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Crazy Colours

Many of the ladies who come to the class I teach on Tuesdays have been doing machine embroidery for quite some time. But this term I have taken them all right back to basics to get to grips with their machines and their stitching. They have to be the ones in control... perfect stitching everytime! Using appliqued silks, they have practiced their free running stitch with wavy lines and vermicelli...

granite stitch (for the critics among you I'd like to point out this is greatly magnified!) and pebble stitch...

Then some fiddling with the tensions to get lines of whip stitch...

Chunky cable stitch...

and circles and curves of feather stitch.

there were even some whip stitch vermicelli buttons (okay I'm showing off now!)

I even went so far as some piping.

And the result is this crazy cushion which doesn't fit into any colour scheme in my house but it will be a useful teaching aid if nothing else.

The class are now well underway with their own projects ranging from cushions and scarves to bags and boxes, using appliqued silks and super stitching! Photos to follow at the end of term!

Post a Comment

0 Comments