Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Enough - I Think I Am Done

Yes indeed - I think I am done.  I think I am done with major grocery stores!  (What did you think I was going to say?  LOL)
I am finally getting fed up with so much.  We are all fed up with the state of the world - with the state of people (actions) - fed up with shortages and increasing prices...............
OK - I don't want to get into all that stuff, as I am trying to keep this a safe zone.
BUT I am fed up.

Wal-Mart has announced that soon they will have no cashiers.  It will all be self-serve.  NOPE - I am not doing that and then not get a discount - which we won't.  I am not taking someone's job. 

Kroger from what I hear from friends in different regions is now starting to play political and 'agenda' type advertisements over their P.A. system for shoppers to have to hear.   I don't care what it is - that is not the place for it.  NOPE - I don't want to be subjected to that at the store - give me my oldie goldies!

I haven't shopped at Target for almost 3 decades - haven't walked into one.
Meijer - is a once in a while shop -  but I am sure they will follow suit soon.

I have alternatives available.  I am lucky.  I know not everyone does - many communities don't have many options.  I would not expect everyone to feel as I do - this is just me.

I have Aldi - and yes it is a major grocery chain - but so far so good.
I have Fresh Thyme - lots of organic and sells a lot of different things  Yes, it is also a chain, but an option.  They sell many items  like nuts, seeds, grains, etc. in bulk.
I have every type of dollar store there is - in multiples around me.  Again chains. 

Switch things up and try new versions.  Experiment and 'play' with your food.

I also have Waterman's - a family farm located about 10 minutes away and they have a small shop to sell to public.
I have Adrian's a family owned orchard - they sell all kinds of fruit and some veggies
I have the farm market at the park just up the road every Saturday - although it is so busy you can't hardly get in to park
Several communities within 10-20 minute ride have farm markets each week.
There is an farm a few minutes away that sells fresh eggs - I have never stopped, but have noticed the sign many times.

There are many, many ethnic stores that are privately (family) owned in my area.  Countless Hispanic stores and many Asian.  They offer so many food options and new ideas and adventures in food!  They sell basics as well.

I have a German meat market (family owned for decades) just about 7 minutes up the road - they sell beautiful cuts of meat.

I have a garden and I can.
I have the ability and knowledge to make many of the items I buy.  I don't have to buy items to feel complete - I can MAKE them and feel complete.
I love to experiment and make up new dishes and throw all kinds of ingredients together.  Haven't had many failures in that respect.  There are NO rules - have fun.

I am ready to go small.  I want to try an QUIT the major grocery chains.  They need me - I don't necessarily need them.  They want our money and need our money - so do the smaller Mom & Pop shops.  Those little shops and farms - keep your dollars spent right there in your community.  They use it to raise their families and just live.
I KNOW - small places many times charge a little more for things.  I KNOW!

Just me - but I will pay a few cents more for an item and help someone local 'make it' - instead of making  a major corporation and it's CEO's richer!
I see this more important now than ever before.

I am going to really get into working at this.  I am going to make more from scratch.  I am going to try and stay small whenever I can.
I realize there are some things that I will have to buy from  a corporation - preferred pet foods and supplies - being the main thing.

Granted if I see a deal that would just be stupid to miss - I know I will make the occasional trip inside one of these places.
BUT for the most part - I THINK I AM DONE.

I want peace of mind - don't need any more bombardment of 'crap' in my life.  Shoot, I have even stopped reading some blogs and stopped watching some You Tube channels because they have jumped on the 'crap' bandwagon.  Not why I started viewing them.  I turn off the news after the weather.  I do read the paper - that is enough.

I want to HELP my COMMUNITY.
I want to learn to do more for MYSELF.
I want to be as independent as I CAN BE from major corporations.
I just want to be me!


Post a Comment

0 Comments