OK.
So yesterday I posted that I'd had a seizure while swimming.
I've had epilepsy for about eight years now, following a head injury.
It is life changing, yes, but not life limiting.
I had to retire from my career. But we just live differently, that's all.
Epilepsy is caused by a surge in the electrical activity in the brain. The brain reacts by having a temporary time out - it's very similar to a computer restarting.
There are different types of seizure - or fit - I have absence seizures, like today's one, and full tonic-clonic seizures where the body jerks around and I am out cold.
Some people know when a seizure is going to happen, I don't.
Because of my condition,Man Wonderful acts as my carer. He doesn't get any payment for this, apart from me!
If you have any questions about this, please do ask and I will do my best to answer you.
FMxx
0 Comments