Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Five on Friday







Joining in with Amy at Love Made My Home.  A few recent photos, and five random thoughts bearing very little relation to the random photos.

I've cut right down on news consumption lately.  I usually listen to a combination of The World At One, PM and the 6 o'clock news, and sometimes I watch a bit of the 10 o'clock news, but lately it's been getting me down.  Huge unsolvable problems, lives of abject misery, the human race making a mess of the planet and everything else.  It doesn't help anyone that I listen, so I've stepped out a little.  I like to know what's going on in the world, but I need a bit of a break.  Watching helplessly is frustrating.

Blessed rain.  As a gardener I can say that can't I?  The grass has turned brown and the watering can has been up and down the rows of vegetables.  So I'm happy when it's done automatically.  But I need it to stop for the weekend, den building and cricket are planned and I've a feeling they'll be cancelled (by others) if it tips down.  Umbrellas crossed.

Superglue dries quickly these days doesn't it?  The littlest boy has a small fossil that survived for millions of years until he got hold of it.  He dropped it and the end broke off.  He was particularly sad about it, so I promised to stick it back together for him.  Of course I got a bit of glue on my fingers and it set in about two and a half seconds.  I just about managed to detach myself in time.

LinkedIn is a scary thing.  I was looking at some profiles the other day and I didn't even understand what it was the people do.  Incomprehensible things, strung together quite aggressively.  Does anyone understand it?  I hope it's not just me.  I like plain speaking, I like to know what's going on.  It made me feel utterly inadequate and useless and a bit cross.

I was watching something recently and the question was asked, "Who would you take to a desert island?"  I thought I should have the answer to this pre-prepared just in case I'm ever asked and in a panic I go for someone ridiculous.  I've settled on Barbara Kingsolver for story telling and vegetable growing and Bear Grylls for den building, morale boosting and protection from any wild beasts that may want to eat us.  You?

Post a Comment

0 Comments