Today I am doing some small tasks that need doing before the rain and snow arrives. The deck has completely dried, and it looks fabulous! They used a brown Australian stain for timber that has the sealant built into the mixture. It's a relief to know that with the snow we are expecting this weekend, the deck is protected. The weather stayed warm enough for the workers to complete it and the California sunshine helped, thank goodness!
I also applied a coat of water based clear semi gloss to the door that I had replaced at the cottage. That's a relief to have done. I had been putting it off; it really didn't take long. Next I need to put a coat of sealer on my redwood fence. It's been almost a year since I've done it. I'll wait till the weather is warm again, and the wood is nice and dry.
I bought a pair of slippers for winter at TJ Maxx this morning. My nightgown and pajamas are still in good shape from last year, so I don't need to replace them. I splurged on some treats: snickerdoodle caramels, mint chocolate cookies, and peppermint bark. It's fun to have something new for dessert.
I stopped at Target and picked up some staples on sale. There were very few people there, which was nice. I bought some Greenies for Lula. My mom used to give those to my dogs every Christmas, and they loved them. She was such a shopper! Lula gobbled hers down this morning.
How are you doing?
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

0 Comments