Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Front Gardens

Hi Everyone,
Hope the holiday weekend was wonderful.
It is nice to remember all those who are serving now and have served in the past to keep us free.

I want to show you my front yard flowers.

First before I show you the front.  I came home from vacation and my hanging basket petunia's on the deck area have doubled in size.  They love the heat, sun and rain we had last week.  So happy to see them doing so well.
My chippy iron planter's flowers are filling in  nicely too.

In the front of the house I planted a lot of perennials this year.  It looks pretty green right now but in another month the front of the house will be blooming with lots of new colors.




Terry and I are planning out a new project with the front steps that lead down to the street and the front sidewalk and porch.  As you can see in this picture the sidewalk and steps are cracked and falling apart.  They are original to the house and are in need of repair.  With cement being so expensive and the work to pull out all of the cement that is cracked,  Terry and I put on our design caps and have come up with a solution we hope to start working on soon.  When we get this done I will be excited to show you the results.  Sometimes you have to think outside the box!


I have been filling in with hydrangea's, flowering bushes, hostas and knock out roses.  As summer continues I know these plants will become bigger and fill in the open spaces with pretty color.

This year I planted my flower boxes with lots of greens and more natural growing annuals.  I liked the mix of yellows, blues and whites.





This is one of my special birdbaths.  I have had this one in all of my past gardens.  The robins love to play and splash in this sweet angels bath.



I have my sweet vintage Schwin bike I got for $20 out in the garden.  


You will be so proud of me!  I left this sweet bike all natural and original.  I was thinking about painting it but decided I like her in her original state.



These are the flowers this year in my tiny cottage garden.  I love that this little home is dressed for summer with some pretty blooms.  

Just enough to let me put my hands in the dirt and create a nice area for new life to bloom.  Very manageable.  Just a sweet little garden space in the front and back of my home.

How are your flowers coming along for Summer?  This is my time of year and I just love to see these pretty blooms growing and flourishing.  Have a great week.


PS:
Apparently blogger is having an issue with sending your comments into my email.  This is a problem across blogger.  So please know I am not ignoring your comments.  I am reading them.  Because they do not come into my email right now I have no way to reply by email to each of you.  It is frustrating and I hope they get this glitch fixed soon.

I also had to figure out the cookie notification footer and how to get that up on my blog. I also had to post a privacy policy.  Apparently I am learning that even if you do not advertise on your blog you still have to have the cookie disclaimer which you should see at the bottom of my blog.  If you click on it to acknowledge you saw it,  it should not pop up again when you visit.

We have been told if we do not do the disclaimer and the privacy policy,  blogger can shut down our blogs.  Apparently this is a law and they are being very strict about this policy.  For those of you that use advertising on your blogs will already know you have to have this cookies disclaimer.  It never was enforced with all of us regular and web press bloggers that do not advertise.  Now it has to be on all blogs.  Just happy I could figure out how to do this with the help of a blogger friend.

Post a Comment

0 Comments