Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND & Update on John

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, People.
We have lots of exciting stuff going on
this weekend.
Yes. We. Do.

Our sweet Lulu is graduating from
EIGHTH GRADE!
She is singing at the graduation mass
in the morning.
She is the only girl in her school that they 
ask to sing solos.
She is as beautiful on the inside as she is
on the outside.
A real blessing to us.

My daughter, Mimi, came up from IN
to share the Memorial Day weekend with us.
Her hubby had to work at a
Harley Davidson rally (poor boy)
but her entourage includes
TWO TREE HUGGERS
and 
ONE SCREAMER
Also called 
DIRTY GIRL~
It should be a fun weekend
with kiddos and a graduation party.

As for MyHero:
If you are wondering what a neck looks like
after radiation and chemo
this is it.
Close your eyes if you are squeamish.
There has been NO SURGERY at this point.
He is ever-so-slowly improving.
He is still very fatigued and often feels
light-headed and dizzy.
He has a hard time sleeping at night-
although he gets a few hours at a stretch.
He usually naps a few hours a day.
He still cannot eat and is using 
the feeding tube for all his meals.
Nothing 'tastes' right and he has trouble
swallowing anything other than liquids.
I am thinking of getting him a special gift
as he recovers.
He has always loved fish.
Wouldn't this be an
ABSOLUTELY PERFECT GIFT?
There are even online demonstrations!
If you have never seen this you have missed 
something special!
It is only THIRTY SECONDS LONG.
Looks good, doesn't it?

In every dark cloud there is a silver lining, right?
I don't have to COOK!
I can have a huge bowl of ice cream salad 
for every meal
and no one says a thing.

AND-Whenever MyHero says he doesn't feel
VERY USEFUL
I remind him that he certainly has a 
God-given purpose in his life.
See what I mean!?!!

HAPPY (and I do mean SMILING HAPPY)
Memorial Day!

Post a Comment

0 Comments