Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

New Year - New Me? Nah

 Changing the date isn't going to change me!  LOL.  I am the same old me.  I do NOT make resolutions, haven't for years.  I found it only set me up for disappointment.  No need for that - there are enough other things in this world that can be disappointing.  Sooooooo - I plan on a couple GOALS for the year - that's it.

Definitely words to live by!!!!!!!!
  • I do NOT set a budget!  I know how much I have coming in - and I know how much my basic bills are - that is my budget!!  I basically spend half or less on my bills from my income - the rest goes to savings.  I live very simply, so no big expenses.  IF I decide I want something or need something or have an emergency - I am covered
  • I make NO resolutions.  I set goals.  Hopefully I fulfill my goals - if not - well I tried
I hope to just become a better person this year.  Kinder to others.  I want to give/help more.
I plan on doing a few home improvement projects.  Nothing big - just some updating - all things I can do myself.  Painting maybe, more decluttering, maybe a bigger garden, just odds and ends.  Goodness, there are so many projects and things that can be done in/around the house.  I think everyone can agree with that. MAYBE I will look for some new living room furniture this year finally.  It isn't a necessity - but a want.  We'll see.

I plan to stay out of the grocery this month as much as possible.  I have lots of supplies here.  I will use up older items and just be a good steward of what I have.  
Staying home, also keeps me healthy!  
Don't get me wrong, I am not scared - just cautious.  I refuse to run scared.  I continue to be cautious, as I have all along.  Life is too short to not enjoy it - just use a little common sense.  I will still do what I want this year - I can hunker down in these cold months - so I can get out and DO in the warmer months.

So basically, there will be NO new me - just the same old me, just trying to do a little better.
Do you make resolutions?  Do you set goals?  Maybe just plan on doing the same as every year - survive!
I think basically people are all alike - no matter where they live.  They want to be happy, safe and healthy.  These are the basics and hope we all get to experience all of them this year.

Remember - always expect the unexpected!  That is just life.
AND - see no problems - just opportunities.  
AND there are no failures - just extra chances to start again.

I think if we all remember these things, we can get through most anything.  Life has a way of surprising us, when we least expect it.  Just go with the flow and move forward - that is the best advice I can give.
Have a great day.  See ya all tomorrow with my first project!


Post a Comment

0 Comments