First off I hope you are all staying warm and inside during the Polar Vortex that is charging across the country. We are a bit chilly here but I will take it, no freezing temps and deadly wind chills. Stay safe my friends.
Baby blanket # 1 is done. It is for a boy as you recall. This was made with Berroco Modern Cotton in the colors Toverton (darker gray) and Gadwall (silverish gray). I am loving this blanket. Berroco Modern Cotton, while a bit splitty makes a great baby blanket. It is sturdy and washable, as baby blankets need to be. I used a size I hook and five total skeins of yarn, approximately 1,000 yards to make this blanket. A 14 stitch ripple, with 8 repeats, making it 34 x 33 in, a perfect size. I also bought a few sweet gray baby clothes to complete the gift. I hope the new parents will like it. Now onto # 2!
I popped by the yarn store last Thursday to pick up my missing skein of yarn and to buy more yarn for blanket # 3. Number 2 is for Little Buddy's medical foster parents daughter, she is having a little girl in June. You might remember he was in her wedding a few years back. They are the loveliest of people and took great care of Little Buddy when he was in desperate need. That is where I started working with him and fell in love with him. If you are new to this blog you can read his story here.
Blanket # 3 is for my soon to be great niece, also due in June. I love this color combination don't you? This will be the third baby blanket for this family, I am not sure if they need it or not but I always make one for every new member of my family. Every new baby needs something handmade with love don't you think?
Last Sunday we were a bit housebound as it was raining like crazy and very chilly out, well chilly for Florida. We were all a bit stir crazy, I think we are used to being on the move. My photos were not loading onto my computer from my phone for some reason, so I spent the afternoon frantically crocheting, with a fire on and the fur boys by my side, not blogging as I usually do on Sundays.
There might also have been face haircuts, which you can see by this photo were not appreciated.
There might also have been several Grace and Frankie episodes watched, tea drank and lots of snuggling with two fur babies and their not so snugly seven year old brother, who had more important things on his mind then a cuddle.
I am off now to get ready for a routine colonoscopy tomorrow. I am not happy about this procedure, but I am 54 and it needs to be done. Wish me luck!






0 Comments