Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

One Fish, Two Fish

 One of the first questions people ask us about the new backyard pond is "Are you going to put fish in it?"
The answer:  "Yes"
As of yesterday six little goldfish have found a new home.


 We were advised to let them float around in their little bag for about 20 minutes to get acclimated.  

When the time was up, Brett released them into their new Home Sweet Home where we hope they will be very happy.
This is all new to us so we are learning as we go.
We've been doing a bit of research on caring for the little guys and found interesting information on their care and feeding (or lack of) here.  
I'll keep you posted on their progress.
For now I feel like a new mother who is constantly checking on their well-being.  Right now they are very small for the pond and it seems they must be hiding as I never see them.  On the bright side, I don't see them floating on the top belly up.  I hope this just means they are happily munching away on the underwater vegetation.


On another note, here we are in September.
I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures so that we can sit outside more often.  We tried it early last evening and nearly melted.  Our temps here have been in the mid 90s.  Coupled with the humidity it feels more like the upper 90s.  
So tell me, are you enjoying the cooler, crisper early fall temperatures yet?






Post a Comment

0 Comments