Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers for Bentley. He came back home this
morning from the vet's office. The vet thinks (and I do too) that Bentley probably ran
into the possum's tooth while he was charging and the tooth caught the eyelid. That is
where the puncture is. There is some blood in the eye, but that is supposed to go away
on it's own. Bentley is not fusing with his eye so he does not have to wear a cone.
He is on three prescription drugs, an oral antibiotic, pain and anti-inflammatory meds
and an antibiotic cream that I have to put in his eye. He is really good about taking
everything and he especially likes the pain killer/anti-inflammatory because he
thinks it's a treat :-)
We are so happy to have him back home and to know that he will be just fine
once again. It's been raining really hard all day, which is a blessing because
otherwise he would want to go out and hunt for the possum again. That's just
the way our little scrapper is. I have other ideas and will be watching him like
a hawk when the rain stops which won't be for a couple of days.
Thank you once again. I was so scared yesterday while trying to separate
Bentley from the possum. We love our little guy so much and want the
best for him always. Just wish he wouldn't be so darn brave sometimes.
Bentley sends you all kisses!
Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

0 Comments