Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Reflections


Today I will celebrate
the fact that my Dad
would have had 70 candles on his cake this year
If he was still here....

You see 8 years ago
he was taken away from me
quite suddenly...

He had a stroke
It was a bleed deep in his brain
paralyzed his right side
and took away his speech


We took shifts
and hoped for the best
but a seizure took him
into God's arms
and out of ours


I was angry at God for a really long time
you see he was so looking forward
to walking his little girl down the aisle
in August

he left us in January
at 61
too young...too soon

Some days my heart still hurts
I want to talk to him
and get a hug
and celebrate the good times

The memories are abundant
and I will cherish them always

This is him in all his glory
A little goofy
A lot of fun
and always Daddy

This is the last good picture I have
of Mom & Dad together

They taught me a lot about love
and marriage
and togetherness

They were my super couple

I love you and miss you Dad
with all my heart
xo

Post a Comment

0 Comments