It has been awhile but I thought it time to highlight some of the Disney related websites that have been my inspiration since I started my blog. This is not a complete list but it is a start.THE DISNEY FOOD BLOG: AJ has found one of the those niches that is relevant and repeatable. If you are planning a trip to the Disney parks (especially WDW) then you owe it to yourself to visit and check out the latest in dining experiences. Intelligent reviews and a well organized site.
DAVELAND: I don't know where this guy gets his stuff but if the history of Disneyland and WDW are your thing then this is the best place to start. Dave has the best collection of photos and a real passion for the parks. Every now and again he takes a side trip to someplace else but those places are always influenced by the theme parks.
YESTERLAND: The grandaddy of them all (sorry Werner, I am referring to your site not you...but...). Werner has been doing this longer than virtually all of us and is the authority on the history of the theme parks. He is a stickler for accuracy and you can trust the data he presents. While a lot of blogs and website speculate, Werner is the keeper of the truth (I know. He has reviewed and edited some of my stuff [WESTcot] and my materials are better for it. Mr. Weiss, his wife, and family are also terrific people. I have been fortunate to spend some time with the gang at the Food and Wine fest on both coasts.
MICEAGE and MICECHAT: My daily source for Disney news and rumors. Al Lutz and Kevin Yee plus the rest of the crew know what they are talking about and they do have an impact on the Parks (although I am sure Disney does not want to admit it). For those who love the parks but don't think they are perfect and could always improve, you will get a fair opinion. MICECHAT is the one chat board that I visit on a regular basis.
DISNEY REPORT: The Disney Report is back in a new format (number 3 I think?). Although my stuff is listed in the sidebar anymore (I think I will cry now) this is a quick way to see what else is happening on the Internet with regards to The Walt Disney Company.
INSIGHTS AND SOUNDS: Mark has put together a solid site that mostly focuses on the Disney parks but is not afraid to venture outside of the berm. I have never met Mark in person but I sense we would be fast friends.
LAUGHINGPLACE: I must admit that LaughingPlace is not on my regular visit list. I don't know why. It is one of the most comprehensive sites out there. However, I have been lucky to run into Doug Marsh at the parks and I can not tell you how much of joy that is. He probably knows more about the parks than anybody outside of the Company. He also has a son with a great sense of humor.
IMAGINERDING: I know when I have written something that really sticks. When that happens, I will get a nod on the Geek-End Update. If you are a Disney book collector I suggest you start here to figure out what is missing from your collection.
WDW TODAY: My listening habit three times a week. Matt, Mike, Mike, and Len put together shows that are just the right length and are always informative. I have enjoy the three times that I have been on the (hint hint) and suggest that this is a must visit resource if you are planning a trip to WDW. My only problem is the looks I get when I am shouting at my computer during listener questions.
TOURINGPLANS: Touring Plans is the other must go to resource for a WDW trip. The crowd calendar really does work. With the latest refinements, you will get even more accurate and logical information. Now that they break down the crowds at each park for each day, you have even more power at your fingertips. Speaking of fingerprints, there Lines application for smartphones is the best way to get realtime information about the crowds at each attraction. A must have for your next trip.
PROGRESS CITY U.S.A.: I can only dream of Samland approaching the quality of the reporting at Progress City U.S.A. Michael's site is one of the benchmarks that I measure against.
DISMARKS: Dismarks is another resource to get you through the millions of Disney related websites. Each of the articles are ranked by the readers and it is a quick way to scan the Internet. I just have to remember to post my articles or hope that somebody has done me that favor.
FROM MARS TO MARCELINE: Simply the most unique Disney site on the Internet. Imagine a intelligent, well-informed philosopher looking at the life and times of Walt Disney and then teaching us, in short bursts, what it all means. The one site where it helps to reread the posts twice. The first time your head will tilt. The second time you will nod in agreement and wonder why you never thought of that. Eleonora calls it Disneyssence. She is right.
IMAGINEERING DISNEY: For those who want to study the aesthetic issues related to the Disney parks I bring you Imagineering Disney. Like Insights and Sounds, this site is not afraid to wander outside the berm or to take on a tough challenge.
MARTINS VIDEOS: Looking for the best videos about the parks. Go to Martins site. I have no idea how this guy does it. Amazing stuff.
DESIGNING DISNEY: Is a quality not quantity site. Only a few post per month but they are all impeccably researched.
I know there are others (boy are there) and I will highlight in a future shoutout. If I missed you this time post a comment or drop me a line at gennawey@yahoo.com. By the way, see if you can spot me in the picture above. Yes, I was an honorary Mouseketeer. Got a black shirt out of the deal and golden pom poms.
0 Comments