Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Swapping

I'm here in Washington at my daughter's for a small bit of time, I'm waiting for her baby so I really don't know how much time. 
Waiting for a baby is like that.  

Fall is here too, no doubt about it. I've been wearing long pants for a week now & I thought about shoes & socks once today.  In my book that means it's time to head south!


The leaves are starting to change

I do have time to think, one of my thoughts is about replacing my van. The engine uses a lot of oil & I have no idea show many miles are on it as the odometer rolls over to zero every 100,000 miles. 

It's a diesel so changing the engine is more than a bit pricey.

My current '87 Ford E250

I looked at the money available, what I'm doing with the van I have, what they have on the local craigslist and what "I" want.  

I have a confession to make, I'm a VW guy. I want another Volkswagen van.

My '87 Vanagon, sold years ago

I do have more room in my E250 than I would in a Vanagon, more power, more looking "normal" but I still keep thinking of a Vanagon. 
In the past when the "Volkswagen" thoughts get too much I end up looking for one.

I put an ad on craigslist to see if anyone wants to swap a Vanagon for my '87 E250 diesel powered van.

 It's a long shot but nothing ventured nothing gained!

Once I traded a Dodge pick up for a travel trailer, we were both happy with the deal. Another time I offered to trade a Jeep for a Vanagon but had no takers, I ended up selling the Jeep & used that money to buy a Vanagon, that '87 Vanagon in the photo.

It feels funny putting my home up for a trade....


Post a Comment

0 Comments