Certainly not the weather. Somehow returning at the beginning of March seemed like we might avoid these frigid temps but it doesn't look like it. But there are some things I look forward to...
Being closer to family and friends. I am pretty gregarious and not having anyone but Phil to talk to most days is not enough after a while. Not that he is not delightful. ..
Being in the same time zone as most of our friends and all of our family. It does get to be a nuisance figuring out the time elsewhere.
Being able to take books out of the library, three blocks away. I am too promiscuous a reader to buy many books. I so often don't finish them. I still buy more than most people but buying every book I think I might read is pricey.
Being able to DVR TV shows. I'd forgotten how horrible watching commercials is. And also getting rid of DISH TV. And also having TV shows on at the correct time.
Being able to go to movies at the Detroit Institute of Arts. Although we have venues showing foreign and indie films here, they are not as adventurous at the DFT at the DIA.
My electric teapot. And my electric stove. I know gas is supposedly better but the burners here don't always light. Also having my own cooking ware, silverware and dishes.
Enough lamps. I like a bright room at night. And a good reading lamp.
Not having to ask ourselves will we finish this? Will we get our money out of it.
I will not miss driving here although it is Phil who drives. I hate double turning lanes. You always have to know exactly which lane you need to be in. And as a stranger here, you just don't always know. Don't know how people did it before SIRI.
Not having to figure out how to get everywhere.

0 Comments