Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lunch@Superthai Uptown Damansara (CLOSED)


Remember I said that Sen of Thai is the only Thai restaurant in Uptown Damansara? That is not true anymore.

I was going about my errands when I spotted this.


Oh! How interesting. Then I took a look at the menu.

This is displayed downstairs on the wall. I discovered later
that the actual menu is slightly different.
Pork! They serve pork! I knew I had to come over real soon. So I told my partner about Superthai. The first question he asked "Do they accept credit cards?".



No, they don't. My partner does not like to carry too much cash and that's exactly my sentiment too. Besides, we like collecting credit card points.

But some establishments prefer cash for obvious reasons. Well, he was not too keen because the amount of food madam eats involves a lot of cash muahahaha!!

In situations like this, madam takes matters into her own hands. I decided to go to Superthai with my auntie and my brother. My treat of course. Ah! The beauty of financial independence!


Superthai is located at the shophouse next to the one where Texas Chicken is. It's on the first floor, so you have to climb up some stairs.


It's a small place and decor is neat and minimal. The menu is not extensive but offers enough variety.


Hallelujah! There are five porkie dishes. Obviously we can't sample all of them at one go. We'll have to do that over a few visits. After looking through the menu, we settled for 5 items.

The Salt & Pepper Squid made it to the table first. It was nice, though not as crispy as I had expected. Flavor wise, good but not outstanding.



The accompanying chili sauce was the ordinary bottled chili sauce. If that was the case, they should have given us Thai chili sauce instead. My auntie complained that there was not enough.

They could have been more generous with the sauce.
We had to wait quite a while for the other dishes to come. Since we were the first (and only) customers, I expected the kitchen to churn up our dishes fairly quickly so that all our dishes came at around the same time. It's no fun eating one dish and then having to wait for the rest.


Oh yes, rice. We must have rice when eating Thai. Lots of rice. That bowl was just nice for the three of us, though we could have eaten more.


The Papaya Salad was good but not great. It came with raw long beans and cabbage.


I'm afraid I did not enjoy the Green Curry Chicken. It was too lemak for me and all I could taste was the coconut milk. I'm missing the flavors of kaffir limes leaves and Thai Basil. Am I sounding fussy and crabby?


But things changed when I tasted this little bowl of Red Tom Yum. Now, that is a very good tom yum. It may look pale and benign but it packed punchy and robust flavors.


In the soup I found very fresh fish (there were 3 slices), oyster mushrooms and tomatoes. This Red Tom Yum comes in small individual servings, so we ordered one each. At RM8.00 per serving, I thought it was pricey but since it was excellent, I shouldn't complain.

Next up was the piece de resistance. They served the best last.


Pork Knuckle in Sweet and Sour Sauce. The skin was crispy and the meat very tender and moist. It was so glorious that I had three helpings of rice >.<


The green topping on the pork knuckle is finely crushed garlic and coriander with lime juice. It was very potent and non-garlic lovers may find it overpowering. But not me. I happily suffered having garlic breath the whole day. LOL!

This pork knuckle is very meaty and is quite a hefty serving. So make sure that you have at least three people with you if you want to order this. We big eaters were struggling to polish off the pork.

The pork knuckle was astounding and this was all that was left of it.
Earlier we intended to adjourn elsewhere for desserts but since we were so full, we had to abandon the idea.

I think Superthai will do well. I'm planning to pop by again to sample some of the other dishes. Besides, they offer week day set meals and these look rather attractive.


At the end of the meal, I was pleasantly surprised with this 10% discount voucher. The voucher is valid until end of this month. If you are a fan of Thai food and if you are passing by Uptown Damansara, I suggest that you pay Superthai a visit. It's worth the climb up the stairs.


Post a Comment

0 Comments