Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Oven Baked Crab Claws

 
 
 
My weekend consisted of sneezing, coughing and Olbas oil burners dotted around the house! Myself and the children had caught our usual back to school sniffles, so when my husband landed home with a large bag of crab claws, things started to look up.
Now I have to admit that I'm not a shell fish expert, so I decided to enquire how to cook these tasty morsels from my sister-in-law, she suggested oven baking them or boil them "toe first" for 10-15 minutes.
 
Serves 2-3
 
Ingredients
8 Brown crab legs (male if you can get them, they're bigger)
Melted butter
Garlic bread
 
Method
Preheat the oven to 180C, line a large tray with tin foil. Was the legs briefly in a colander under running water, to remove any grime from the shell.
 
 
 
 
Lay on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes (I cooked the bigger the claws for 15 minutes). Allow to cool slightly before handling.
 
 
 
 
Crack open with a hammer, gently remove the white meat (with a small fork or spoon) and dip in the melted butter, serve with garlic bread.
 

Related Reading

Post a Comment

0 Comments