Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Surgeon's Playground

We went to see the smaller portion's surgeon on Friday.  After examining the skinny one he commented that his belly was 'a surgeon's playground'.  True - and I wish someone had told them to play nicely.

After six abdominal surgeries it is strongly reminiscent of Frankenstein's Monster.  And there will be another operation in the New Year.  Hopefully the last but no guarantees.  Sigh.

The smaller portion drove off to visit a friend a little while ago.  The friend lives more than 600 kilometres away so he will be gone for a couple of days.  Is he well enough?  I don't know, but he is an adult and it isn't my decision.

And I am going to revel in being home alone.  I am tired to the bone and beyond, my pain levels are high and bits of me are non-functional.  There is cleaning, weeding, shopping and baking to do - and they aren't going to happen.  And will still be there when I surface again.  

I have a commitment to Lifeline and another to the Multiple Sclerosis Peer Support Program which I will honour - and everything else can go hang.

Give us this day our daily whinge.

Post a Comment

0 Comments