Here's some more of my 10mm Undead army for Warband. I'm already being plagued by thoughts of adding more troops and I have to constantly remind myself to paint what I have on-hand. It's something we all experience as miniature gamers, rationalized as "but it will be here when I ready to continue this project". That "reserve" is also known as the lead pile. I'm still working on my goal of making a dent in it this year and so far I'm being successful!
So here's a shot of the three new stands together. We have a skeletal crossbow unit, a necromancer unit, and the leader unit. One thing that came about with doing these units is that I decided on a army color scheme. With my Dwarves I had chosen Red & Blue. Deciding to give my units a sense of uniformity I went with Purple and Yellow. This is not to say I connect the Undead to the American college football team Louisiana State University, but I am an Alabama fan so it kinda fits!
The Undead Army box only comes with 4 figures for the General unit. That seemed like a rather large base for just 4 minis so I added a couple of ghouls and vampires I had ordered separately. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.
The same thing goes for the Necromancers. There were just 4 in the package and the spooky monolith. I wanted to make it look like these guys meant business. So I had also ordered some spirit figures. I added 6 to this base and I think it makes these guys look like a unit to be wary of just rushing into for a fight.
The last unit is my ranged unit. I went with all crossbows, saving the longbows for a potential later unit to build. I decided that all my skeletal units would be accompanied by a necromancer. You never know when those skellies will start falling apart! It's like a team mechanic repairing or replacing parts as needed!




0 Comments