This announcement went up on social media over the weekend:
It’s true, I am currently designing a mass-battle fantasy game as part of my job for Osprey Games. I don’t want to talk too much about it at present, because it is still in the early stages of development. It is still going to be a long time before a set of rules hits the market, and many elements can, and probably will, change from now until then.
That said, for the curious, I can make a few statements about which I am 'mostly' confident.
- Oathmarkis a ‘rank and file’ game, meaning that most figures will be organized into units that will fight in blocks.
- However, the basic element of the game is the figure. Each figure has its own stats, and casualties are removed individually.
- The standard base for most ‘human-ish’ sized figures is 25mm square, so figures mounted on round 25mm, or smaller, bases will be usable with movement trays.
- The game features a bunch of different races – four main ones to start – each of which have unique stats.
- There will be a full campaign system, which involves building your kingdom as well as your army. (Assuming I can get all of it to work!).
- This game has no connection to Frostgraveother than sharing a few deep routed philosophies about what I believe makes a fun fantasy wargame. (Plus most of the plastic kits for the two games will be compatible!).
I’ll talk more about the game as I go along, but it will be a slow process. For now, enjoy the plastic minis that are coming soon!

0 Comments