Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

be the change you want to see

Hello everyone I hope you're having a fabulous day! Today's post is a more serious topic than most that I'll post on here, but it's one of the most important. My best friend recently sent me this video to watch. She watched it in one of her classes at college and it inspired her to change her major. ReMoved is a short film about the foster care system. The creators of the film filmed it in hopes that "it would be used to serve in bringing awareness, encourage, and be useful in foster parent training and raising up foster kids." The video is 13 minutes long, but worth every second of it. Although I wouldn't recommend watching it without wearing waterproof mascara. Have your tissues handy. 


The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOeQUwdAjE0&feature=youtu.be

ReMoved tells the poignant story, through the mind and eyes of a young girl who was taken from her abusive home and placed into the foster care system. It follows her through her heartbreaking journey from one foster home to another. It's compelling, moving, saddening and angrying. The Santa Barbara Independent explained the film better than I ever could: "It would be impossible to fully understand the life and emotions of a child going through the foster care system, but this short narrative film portrays that saga in a poetic light, with brushes of fear, anger, sadness and a tiny bit of hope." 

Abby White plays the little girl in the video and does a spectacular job. What got to me the most is her voiceover throughout the video. Her voice told her story. It told of the sadness, heartache, pain, anger and glimmer of hope. I prided myself on not full on crying, that is until I got to the end, then the water works came. 

The film is exceptionally directed, written, cast, filmed and edited. The story it tells is deeply moving and it calls for something to be done. A difference needs to be made. We need to be the voice for the voiceless. To let them know that they are worth everything and that they are loved more than they know. There are thousands upon thousands of kids in the U.S. and abroad that need love and compassion. That need a good set of parents and a kind, loving home. To be shown a childhood and how to be a kid again. To be shown there is good in the world and to finally feel the warmth of the sun on their faces. To be reminded how to smile again.

I've always wanted to foster and adopt kids ever since I can remember. Being adopted myself I know the impact of what a loving family can do. I think about my life if I was still in Korea and what it would be like. After watching this film I had no doubt in my mind or my heart that I would foster kids someday. I truly think that this is part of my purpose in life, to be able to give kids the same love and encouragement I had a child growing up. 

So this is my challenge to you. While you may not foster kids do something, be a change, make a difference in the world. You may say,"Oh I'm just one person" or "My difference is too small to really matter". Sure you are one person but you are one person who is making a difference, one person is all it takes. Someone sees you and then they want to make a difference and then another person sees that person and before you know it you have people upon people making a difference in the world. No matter how small your contribution is, it counts and matters. Even the smallest thing can make a difference in a big way. So never doubt what you are doing doesn't matter, because it does matter. 




"you were born with the ability to change someone's life. Don't ever waste it."

Post a Comment

0 Comments