Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Esther Williams Blogathon is here!

 

I don't know about you all, but I am over the moon that we'll be celebrating Esther Williams for the next three days! An unforgettable talent, brilliant businesswoman, and wonderful role model, Esther has been thrilling audiences for years and her influence is still felt today from Beauty and the Beast to The Great Muppet Caper to Beyonce's Black is King. I love this woman to pieces, and I can't wait to read what all of the participants have to say about her.

Participants, please leave a comment below once you are ready to submit your entry and I'll try to post them as soon as I can.

08-12 UPDATE: Some entries are still coming in, so be sure to keep checking back for new posts!

Love Letters to Old Hollywood | The ABCs of Esther

Dubsism | Take Me Out to the Ball Game (1949)



Box Office Poison | Thrill of a Romance (1945)

18 Cinema Lane | places where Esther left an impact, frequented, or visited

KN Winiarski Writes | Take Me Out to the Ball Game (1949)

Critica Retro | Fiesta (1947)

Love Letters to Old Hollywood | Esther and screenwriter Dorothy Kingsley

Whimsically Classic | Neptune's Daughter (1949)

Taking Up Room | Bathing Beauty (1944)



Pure Entertainment Preservation Society | Jupiter's Darling (1955)



Movies Meet Their Match | Esther's appearances on What's My Line?


Pure Entertainment Preservation Society | The Hoodlum Saint (1946)

Poppity Talks Classic Film | The Unguarded Moment (1956)


Happy 99th birthday, Esther!

Post a Comment

0 Comments